1. Write something amazing and current about your niche, email other bloggers and chances are that they will link to you.
2. Be Controversial, challenge what everyone is saying but justify why you are opposing it. People eat this stuff up and they will either agree with you or disagree and link to you to explain why you are wrong. It’s so easy. Look at the example of my recent post that got a lot of attention and page views.
3. Leave awesome comments on other people blogs linking back to your site (to find blogs that will probably gather some serious traffic look at Digg, Delicious and Reddit’s Upcoming or Hot sections)
4. Get on Yahoo Answers and answer peoples questions, make sure you have the absolute best answer so that you are always on top. Add a link to your site as a resource.
5. Add an email list, opt in form at a very prominent, hard to miss area on your site. Some people ue the hover method which works for them.
6. Add an RSS button so that people can subscribe. Don’t forget to ask people to subscribe. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
7. Ask people to subscribe to your feed either at the beginning or end of each post.
8. Review a product or company and ask them to link to you. People love free publicity and if you give it to them, they would want to link to you.
9. Add bookmark and share buttons to your site. Make t easy for people to share our content with the world. Hover bars like the one on this site works well
10. Submit your RSS feed to feed directories. ( Got upwards of 1000 views for a single post within two hours from a single post.)
11.Give well researched and thorough posts. If your posts aren’t researched enough, it will show. People will realize you are not giving any value and wouldn’t want to link or subscribe to you.
12. Optimize your post title for the keywords people normally search for. This is the first thing search engines see. I’m not saying continuously using exact match, too much optimization could penalize you but instead find a way of incorporating them. you can also use different variations.
13. Submit your site to hundreds of free directories. It may not be as effective as before but cumulatively, it does work to build links.
14. Conduct a survey in your niche, publish the results as a post and contact some bloggers and tell them about it. They might link to you if you just ask, they don’t all have to be A-listers. All you have to do is make sure it is relevant and really informative.
15. Get your RSS feed syndicated by using sites like hubpages and Zimbio.
16. Network with other bloggers. Make friends with other bloggers in your niche. That way, if you ever need a favour. They will be willing to help you out ( e.g. you are launching a product or you wan to guest post for them. )
17. Write Amazing Headlines. This is extra effective on sociall media sites like Reddit and STumbleUpon.
Check Out My StumbleUpon Traffic Series:
18. Link out to other bloggers. Don’t be stingy with the links. You want your readers to gain value, so provide them with a place they can get additional value. Bloggers also keep track of who links to them and will probably browse your site and link to one of your posts as a sort of thank you,
19. Get a good domain name, something catchy and easy to remember.
20. Brand yourself. Create a brand and promote it. Make people associate your brand with top notch content.
21. Take advantage of PLR content for your niche. Add a catchy title and post it to your site. You get a lot of new content and a lot of new traffic. It’ a win-win.
22. Use a commonly searched keyword or words as your domain name. This creates strong association within search engines.
23. Apply to be listed on Google News Search only if you firmly believe your site is high quality otherwise you risk rejection.
24. Get your site listed on All Top. You get pr7 backlinks and a good traffic boost.
25. You can buy advertising in others peoples mailing lists. Find someone within your niche with a high number of subscribers. Shoot them an email and start negotiating.
26. If you have a product, start an affiliate program or join one as a merchant and get people to do most of the promotion work for you.
27. Exchange links with a few related sites in your niche. Link exchanges still work if done in moderation. Don’t list your site or your partners site on a page just for links. This waves a red flag. Put them in a small blogroll. Maybe a maximum of ten quality sites.
28. Send articles to Ezine Publishers with a link back to your site.
29. Give away something for free. This is where ebooks and reports come in. People love free stuff. So use this as bait and reel them in.
30. Subscribe to my feed. That’s right
!!! You get free updates and information on all things blogging, seo, traffic building, money making and social media.
What link building and traffic generation methods do you have?
Stumble it, Like it, Tweet it or Digg It
Every blogger or webmaster who are using WordPress as a CMS for their websites, they are facing massive attacks of spam comments and trackbacks/ping-backs. I was also face same problem when start using WordPress but fortunately after some experiments with different plugins I got success to block all spam comments completely from WordPress. So I decided to share these plugins with you to remove all spam comments. These plugins detect spam comments and move them to spam box automatically.
Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin (GASP) is a best plugin ever to block spammers to submit comments. It generate a check box after comment box which is only visible to humans and invisible for bots. The good thing for this plugin is that you only check a box no need to write irritating captcha codes. So first of all install this plugin which is available for free in WP plugins directory.
It is alternative of GASP plugin actually, but if you continue facing some spam comments after installing GASP then install CSW Comment SPAM Wiper it will remove all bot attacks. Good thing of this plugin is that if it is fail to catch any spam comment you can manually move that comment to spam box and this plugin remember it and next time that type of comments automatically moved to spam / deleted by Wiper . It will also remove all trackbacks spam.
All spam bots post links in their comments, so if we disallowed links in comments body then we can protect our blog by spammers. So Anti Spam Comments do this task for you. You must install this plugin. It will protect users to post links in their very first comment. When you approve first comment of that user, so from the next comment he will be able to share links in their comments.
This is also very helpful WordPress Plugin. It will block all intelligent spammer bots who are looking genuine and passed by other plugins. So I recommend you to install this plugin too. This plugin adds a CSS style sheet or image in the source code. When a browser loads that style-sheet / image a cookie is dropped. If that user then leaves a comment the cookie is checked. If it doesn’t exist the comment is moved to spam. It also check comments speed, if user write and submit comments too fast it will block the user.
I recommend you to install all above plugins, I am also using them. I have a great experience with them. I have not receive even a single spam comment in my pending box. Some themes do not support GASP plugin, so don’t worry about it, just install others 3. They will also block all spam from you site. I notice most of the bloggers recommend to use Askimet, No doubt it is also a powerful and good plugin to block spammer’s comments but Askimet is not for free now so I will not recommend you to use it if you are newbie and not afford it.
Note : You must empty your spam box daily. Just go to your Spam box and click a single button to empty spam box completely.
You are welcome to share your experience with WordPress and tell us your story that how you overcome huge and massive spam in your website ? Specially those bloggers who are just shifted from blogger to WP. Happy Blogging with WP and Good Bye to all Spammers
There are numerous ways to make money from the internet, and choosing the right one can be quite difficult. Among the choices, the quickest and fastest way to do so is perhaps through affiliate marketing. However, with so many great affiliate marketing programs on the net, picking the right one can be hard.
You don’t need special skills to do affiliate marketing. You don’t need to be a tech geek or an expert on the web to do so. What you need is a bit of HTML and marketing skills to get started. Now let’s take a look at some affiliate marketing websites and what they offer.
Clickbank.com is one of the web’s leading affiliate marketing website. A lot of people love it because it allows big profit, at least 75% commission on each singular sale. But Clickbank.com doesn’t just offer any kinds of products, though. This site focuses on digital products.
Now, You may wonder how to make money through Clickbank.com. You start by opening your own free account. Then, you start looking for items to promote in the Clickbank Marketplace, these items should be relevant to your site. After choosing the products, you can now start advertising those products on your website. Each time your website generates a sale, you earns money through commission.
So when you think about it, what’s really important is your advertisement and promotions. Your profits will grow as you continue to advertise more affiliate products. In fact, if you’re really good at this, this can turn into a lucrative business. You must know that Click Bank is all about digital products.
CJ or Commission Junction is another great online affiliate website. Unlike Clickbank.com that focuses on digital products, this site is more into physical products and professional services. Creating an account at CJ.com is also free, but the website is a lot stricter when it comes to promotions. The merchant or the client will have to give his or her approval before you get to promote any service from him or her. This website requires merchant approval because what usually sold are high end products. They will want to make sure your web sites are professional and relevant.
If you’re a newbie, starting at Clickbank.com would be a better idea. When you’re ready to step up to a bigger game, then you can try out CJ.com. You just have to know that physical products and professional services are those being promoted in CJ.com.
Linkshare is another huge affiliate marketing website, it has millions of partners including a couple of Fortune 500 companies. Among these are Hallmark, JC Penny and Delta Airlines. Linkshare allows clients (the merchants) to directly pay their affiliates. Thus, as an affiliate, this means that you get paid directly by the merchant for any commission you make.
This is a risk to you, but can be avoided by looking at merchant’s paying history as well as doing some research beforehand. Linkshare is the best program to choose if you don’t want to go through the ”middle-man” affiliate network and get bigger share of the commission directly from merchants.
ClickBank, CJ and LinkShare are great affiliate programs, but they are different in their own ways. So what should you choose? Only you can answer this question. Each has their own strengths and drawbacks.
Did you know by simply adding pictures to your article you will increase your website traffic for free? Google’s spiders and crawlers love pictures and will rank your content higher if you have them in your article. Pictures enhance your article and give your reader a visual illustration about what you are writing about. If your reader can visualize your content you will connect with them better through your article. Not sure how to add pictures to your article? Follow the simple steps below to add pictures to increase your rank and website traffic for free.
The first step to add pictures to your blog is to go to Google images. Next type in the picture that you want your reader to visualize or think about when they are reading your article. Scan the photo’s for a picture that illustrates what you are writing about best.
TIP: Where you place the cursor prior to adding the picture will be where your picture is placed. Be sure to place your cursor where you want your picture to go prior to adding these steps.
Second, use your mouse and “right click” on the image and select “save image as”. A folder list will appear and you need to select where you want the image saved. Create a name for your file/picture and save the picture to that file. I recommend your desktop so you have easy access to it.
Third, after finishing your blog look for the icon that says “add image” on your toolbar. Click on the icon and it will bring up another box with an option to browse your computer for the image you saved. Click the “browse” button and go to the location you stored your file.
After you have completed your blog look for the image that says either photo/image on your blog post. Click on the icon and it will bring up another box with an option to browse your computer for the image you saved. Click the “select image” button and go to the location you stored your file. Left click the image to attach the file. The file will then download. Click save image.
Lastly, a “add media to field box” will pop up. In this box choose where you want the picture to be at in your article. After you chose where you want the picture to go(left, center, right, etc) click save changes or insert image and your picture will be added into your article. Pictures will enhance your article increase your onsite optimization which in return increases your website traffic for free.
Great job.You just learned how to do better onsite optimization to increase your ranking on Google. It’s techniques like these that will generate more traffic to your blog by out optimizing your competition to outrank the. Goolge will now give you a better rank for your content. For great tips to increase your ranking read my three part serious on blog optimization by clicking here. If you haven’t been adding pictures to your content to increase your website traffic for free start today!
To your success,
P.S. This step is a simple onsite optimization to be better optimized. For secrets to rank your content in under 72 hours click here.
If you want to know how to start a website the right way then don’t get involved with these online businesses that offer you website design and a Page #1 listing on search engines. If they aren’t themselves on Page 1 how are they going to get you there? Even more ludicrous is those that promise a #1 listing!
A #1 listing on Google? For every customer? Get real! You know what? They will do as they say, otherwise it might be illegal, but they will give you a #1 listing for a keyword nobody ever uses. Like if you name is Jerry Yankovic IV they will give you a #1 listing for that. Know what I mean?
Forget it. Don’t pay to have your website built for you because it will cost a fortune, and you will be paying for ever to have it maintained. Do you really want to know how to start a website? DIY – that’s right. Do it yourself. That’s what I did and I did it myself.
I am going to take you along exactly the same road that led me to online success, and I will be with you all the way. It won’t be free, but your first few months won’t cost more than $500. What you will need is:
* A website and foolproof web design system
* Keyword research tools
* Traffic analysis software
* Search engine listing software
* Unlimited email addresses
* Unlimited autoresponders (to automate your business)
* A blog (to promote your business)
* A shopping cart system
* A means of receiving credit card payments
* Information on how to do it all
* Much more
I can offer you all of that and more for less than $500. Here’s the breakdown:
* Website: $299
* PayPal : FREE – this allows you to make and accept online payments by credit and debit card.
* All the rest of the above: INCLUDED
* My acclaimed eBook SEOcious selling at $47 FREE
* My article marketing encyclopedia Article Czar FREE
Check out internet millionaire Ken Evoy’s SiteBuildIt in a new window then return here if you are interested. He knows how to start a website – he is the master! If not, thank you for visiting, and please return again when you get into trouble. Only 1-5% people succeed online, but far more do so with one of Ken’s websites. I will help you with every step, though Ken’s instructions on how to start a website are truly foolproof – not the proverbial ‘foolproof’!
CHECK IT OUT HERE
If you are still here you liked what you saw, or are at least interested in being successful online at minimum cost with maximum help. You not only have my help but you also have Ken’s. Give it a go: $299 might seem a lot, but it isn’t. I spent thousands till I found this, and it turned my life around.
Email me your receipt and I will send you SEOcious and Article Czar free. Register for PayPal HERE.
If you prefer a more traditional credit card merchant register with
2Checkout HERE There is a $49 joining fee which is cheap compared to the $400+ charged by the major banks. They also offer a shopping cart.
No other website offering you information on how to start a website can offer you all of this.